So, as I blog-stalk friends and family, I have noticed something very disturbing. I haven't written in my blog for a very long time! So here I am, ready to remedy this problem.
The semester ended in a bang. I did wonderful on all the exams (I studied for) and was quite satisfied with the increase in GPA and the letters on my transcript. I finally figured out my graduation plan. If I go to school for the next year straight (including summer and spring) I will be ready to graduate by December. However, I will hopefully go to Washington D.C. that winter and intern. Then they could (potentially) hire me right off the bat. Then I would work for a couple of years on the Hill, or where ever I find an internship, and after that little stint I will go to Law school, and perhaps get a combined law/MBA degree. I feel a lot better having a plan. Now, let's just see if I can make it happen, or if it is even possible.
Christmas was great. It was fun for both me and Erica to go home. It was extremely relaxing and rejuvenating. The most exciting part I would have to say was meeting my puppy. My family decided to get a dog the week after I left this summer, and I finally got to meet our little Willoughby. I miss him terribly. Whenever I am home, I just expect him to come trotting out of somewhere and jump up onto my bed and snuggle with me. He is adorable, and I can't wait to see him again this summer [hopefully]. He is certainly a spoiled puppster, but he is well loved. And I approve of my replacement in the family.
And, seeing that it is of course the new year ... and to continue with the tradition of other bloggers, I guess it is only appropriate to post some New Year's goals:
1. Get into the habit of continuous exercise. Running would be the most desired, as well as working on the core.
2. Doing well in my classes. I ended the year right with GREAT grades ... now lets see if I can continue the tradition into the new year.
3. Find balance. Most of my life seems to revolve around one part of my life ... church, school, friends, and so forth. But now, I want all of those parts at one time. So balance is the key. To have a well rounded life, full of all the things that make me happy.
4. GRADUATE. This would be an amazing goal. Really I wouldn't graduate per say at the end of the year, but I essentially would have all my class work done, and that's what matters right?
5. Grow. Not literally ... kind of. I want to grow as a person. I want to be better cultured, better read, more intelligent in my language, more precise in my writing, and so forth. I'm growing up (unfortunately) so I might as well become an adult on the inside too. [Though I am not giving up my Barbie doll ... or my Little Mermaid movie. Sorry, those stay. You have to stay young some how!]
I think that is a good overview of the end of the last year and the beginning of the new. So on to the main event.
No comments:
Post a Comment