First of all, I guess I should wish everyone a Happy New Year (two weeks late ... my bad).
It has been a wonderful start to a new decade. The holidays were wonderful in my neck of the woods, with good food, laughter, and family time. We were even able to have my uncle's family come down who we haven't seen in three years since my grandfather's funeral. Luckily there were no other deaths to commemorate the beginning of the new year, so it looks like this year will be a winner.
It was extremely weird to place Erica on a plane and not join her for the flight back to Utah. But, I think I have finally gotten used to staying home - sometimes cooking, keeping house, and talking are just what the doctor ordered after 3 1/2 stressful years of college. I am still on the job hunt, but I have an interview this week - so that should hopefully bring something my way I hope.
I moved into 'my' room (actually .... this was originally Erica's room, and then it became 'my shrine' that my mom made in my honor when I was back at school and didn't come home for the first time. Erica's shrine is the room next to mine. Weird - yes. But a mother's love is always appreciated, even if it took a day or two getting used to sleeping in a room with my face everywhere).
It's been harder that I expected doing independent study. I only have 6 more credits, plus a redo of Accounting to finish before graduating. 9 credits and a (hopefully) 40 hour job might not kill me, but will come pretty close I'm thinking.
Other than my not so exciting life, I've just enjoyed spending time with my parents and puppy, planning for the future and working on just learning to live life not as a student. So I guess that is the not necessary update to my not so exciting life.
2 comments:
You know, if you ever get bored or lonely you can call me. I might not answer if I'm busy, but I'm pretty good about calling back. Can I call you sometime?
Please do darling! I'll call sometime this week ... believe it or not I need to hear the scope about what's going on in Housing (how pathetic am I). But more importantly I need to hear how Humor U is going for you!
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment