Saturday, January 8, 2011

When I Find My Self In Times of Trouble

It is amazing the tender mercies that come in our life when things just don't go right. And one of those that I had this week I wanted to share.

After I heard about the job ... I was able to attend the temple. We arrived early to our session, so I was able to do some of my scripture reading. I decided to continue reading where I was in my personal study, and I came upon a scripture that really hit me. Especially in the trial that I was having at the time. It applies to a variety of circumstances in our life, but it was one of peace to my heart as I read it.

It was in 3 Nephi 13: 34 -
Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

It brought peace to my heart. I am grateful for the moments of comfort and peace that come during times of pain and heartache.

No comments: