Because this is quite a long list ... I think I will do this as a little series. 10 groups of 10. That way I can also explain why on each of them. I will try and keep them grouped together in their respective categories.
So, without further ado ... here is My Life List: Part I-
Things I Want to Learn
1. Photography: I have already taken a beginner's class in high school, but I want to learn more about it. I learned how to develop my own film in that class which was fun, but we did not work with digital cameras. I would like to learn how to do that as well.
2. Playing the Guitar: This one I have already started to work on, but I am really just beginning. I am trying to teach myself, so I will probably never be perfect. But I like the idea of having something I can fool around with when I am bored up in Logan.
3. Cake Decorating: This one I want to learn professionally. I have tried to teach myself the basics, and I can make somewhat good looking things. But I really would like to learn how to decorate cakes (and cupcakes) in a professional sense. This one I either need a lot more practice, or some actual classes.
4. How to Sing Well: As Erica liked to point out to me when we were growing up, I sing flat. I would really like to learn to sing well. At least, not flat. I will never be an opera singer ... but I would at least like to sound okay when I sing.
5. Sewing: Once again, I have started to take the initiative on this one. I have purchased a sewing machine, and a few patterns. But I am not very good at it. I need to practice a lot more before I will ever consider myself good.
6. Painting: It would be fun I think to be able to paint. Inspiration for this one is Bob Ross. I know ... that is kind of ridiculous. But I would like to learn how to paint. Not only landscapes, but being able to put down the pictures I have in my head would be nice.
7. Ballroom Dancing: This was probably my one regret at BYU. I wanted so badly to take a ballroom class. And I had even signed up once to take one. However, it was the same semester I was signed up to go to New York City with the MUN team. I would have to miss more than the allowed number of classes. So I had to drop the class. I never did get another chance to sign up again before graduating. That is one of my biggest regrets. I wanted to so badly to learn ballroom dance.
8. Riding a Motorcycle: I have always thought motorcycles were cool. I think it would be amazing to learn to ride one. I love their sound, and the independence that they offer.
9. How to Play the Piano: Like many children, I took piano lessons. But I never really WANTED to when I was younger, so I never really practiced. But now that I a am older, I am regretting that decision. I am not Erica, so I do not have a natural musical talent. But I think it would be nice to know how to play the piano for an entertainment stand point.
10. How to Whistle: I have always been jealous of people who can whistle. I have tried to learn before, but I have not been able to. I would really like to learn how.
So ... that was the first of my series to tell you more about myself than you would ever want to know. Stay tuned for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment