It turns out that people actually read my blog. So, to my adoring fans, thank you for your support. To show my gratitude ... I dedicate this next blog to you. :)
This school year has been an interesting one. I have renamed it ... "See someone from Amanda's past, every day" year. Every day I see someone from either last year, or my freshman year. I remember coming onto this campus three years ago, and thinking I know NO ONE ... and no one will ever know me because there are so many people. But now, I walk on campus and see either someone I know intimately, or see someone that I recognize from a class. I can't believe that I am coming up on my last year of school. I have only 10 months of class work left, and then I'm off (hopefully) to Washington D.C. for an internship. I have less than six months til I turn 21. And I only have 39 days (if my count is correct) until New York. As a kid, a week seems long. Now, I look at what's ahead in my life, and I feel that I am about to be hit by a speeding train and can't do anything about it. Wow, growing up is a lot harder than it looks.
Also, I have spent a lot of the last few weeks reminiscing over past journeys. I met up with some summer co-workers this past weekend, and we just talked up a storm about last summer. Where everyone was, where everyone is going, it was so much fun to at least see some of my co-workers and catch up. It's also kind of amazing the things you miss in the moment when you're focused on other things. I have always prized myself as an observant person. But, it turns out I am not always on my game. Also this last weekend I was able to reflect on last year and some of the experiences that happened. This may sound ridiculous, but if any old friends of mine are reading this, you'll remember that I was engaged a year ago for about a week. Today is the anniversary of my first engagement. It was a stupid trick at the time, yet I learned a lot from the experience. At the time, I was not ready for a commitment. Now, on the other hand, it's a different story. I'm not saying that I am a perfectly grown up person who is mature in every way who knows exactly what I want. However, I do know that I am ready to at least start looking for a serious relationship. Hanging out is all good ... but only VERY RARELY. I mean, I am a very casual girl, so even if I was to start dating, I would love to just spend nights in and watch a movie. But ... there has to be real concern, real care and to begin with, real dates. It is hard to date in this atmosphere at BYU. I'm not looking to get married in the next month. I am not even ready to consider marriage right now. There are so many things that I want to try before I get married. Going on a date does not mean marriage. But don't we all want someone who cares for us? Someone we can turn to for that support we all need? This has been on my mind a lot, as you can tell by this very long [and boring, sorry] paragraph. But, as of May 8th, I will be the only not married one in my apartment last year. Also, this summer 6 of my friends are getting married. One of them a very dear friend who has asked me to be a bridesmaid. Life is certainly moving fast, but it is so worth it.
Now I know that the majority of readers of my blog consist of family members and friends, so most of this rambling doesn't apply. Oh well ...
No comments:
Post a Comment