Thursday, July 9, 2009

Here We Go Again

I guess ... seeing that I have not posted in a while, that it would be appropriate to update those few faithful readers to what is going on in my little world. Not much to tell you the truth, but enough I think that I can scrap together a post.

I was able to go to Icelandic Day for the second time this summer. I can't believe that it had already been a year. My dad was out here last summer to bring out my car, and was able to enjoy the festivities with us. It's in Spanish Fork where my dad grew up, and so my Grandma took me, Lori, Emily, Whitney, Taft, and Olivia to have some fun. It's a great day of games and Icelandic activities. Emily was absolutely adorable! I love spending time with her and her parents. I couldn't help but take some absolutely ADORABLE pictures of her at the park and her monkey balloon.




Bought a new phone. After two years of taking care of my dying phone, it finally bit the dust. Now I have a brand spanking new one. It's a step backwards in the technology scheme of things, but its the style I like, and bonus ... it was free. Can't really argue with that. Once I get it all set up though I think it will be a good phone for the next little bit.

Fourth of July came and went. Once again I worked on the Stadium of Fire here at Helaman Halls. For those who have not heard of the glory of Stadium of Fire, it is a show that goes on at the Lavell Edwards Stadium. Last year they had Miley Cyrus. This year, it was the Jonas Brothers. Once again I was chosen to be on the roof to help 'protect Helaman property.' One part of the Stadium of Fire is a huge fireworks show, which they shoot off at Helaman field right next to some of our buildings. Therefore, every year, there are two CA's on the roofs of the buildings in the fall-out zone, that stand on the roofs and spray them down to prevent them from going up in flames. Once again, however, the wind was at our backs, so no debris even came near our area. But, once again, I got an awesome view of the fireworks and a fairly stress free night.




Transformers midnight showing. Yep, I went to the first midnight showing of the summer: Transformers II: Revenge of the Fallen. It was a decent 'blockbuster' movie, with a few pieces of raunchy humor that was not necessary. Over all, though, I enjoyed the second installment of what I would only assume be a several part series. However, it was 3 hours long. You know you are getting old when staying up to 3 am means that your sleeping schedule is thrown out of whack for a week trying to catch up on lost sleep. I am starting to get way too old for this. Only one more important late night movie ... Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.


CA slumber party. We decided that it was only right to have an all girl's night sometime this summer. So, this past month we decided to enjoy a little bonding time together. We invited (and had) all the female CA's, and our female desk attendants come to a night of food, giggling, and guy talk. We talked about every possible subject, ate tons of food, enjoyed several Taylor Swift music videos, and watched 'Persuasion.' It was a fun night, but once again, I am getting way to old for such things. Once again, staying up to 3 am throws my sleeping schedule out of whack, and it takes me a week to recover.




Classes. Once again I am taking classes this summer in order to prepare for the glorious day of graduation. I am just taking 2 Doctrine & Covenants classes, and also trying to keep up on my independent study Accounting 200 class. So all in all, I am taking about 7 credit hours right now. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. I don't understand how someone can work full time and go to school at night. I have tremendous respect for those individuals. Working only 35 hours and taking 7 credits is hard enough for me, let alone trying to balance a family life, work and school. Hopefully this is the only time I have to worry about balancing school and work on such high levels. I love the classes that I am taking, though I cannot wait until Fall semester. The classes I am scheduled to take sound amazing, and I hope its going to be a rewarding semester.


So, really all in all it has been a quiet month. Just having fun with friends when possible, relaxing, and trying to keep my head above water. I am tremendously excited for my parents to come out at the end of this month. It will be nice to spend time with them, especially because this might be the last time that I will see them until Christmas. Well, that is all that's happening in my little life. Cheers!

No comments: