Friday, July 24, 2009

Happiness is ...

There are several ways to start the day right.

Including, but not exclusively ... breakfast in bed, puppy loves, a hug.

But anyway ... getting off subject.

Another way to start the day right ... get a text from your best friend saying she is coming down from Idaho to visit at just the right time in between work shifts!

Yep. That's how I spent my Wednesday. Ally texted me saying she was coming down for a couple of hours. It made my day to say the least.

However, not taking any pictures with her did not make my day. But I digress.

We just had so much fun together in the few hours we had. We bought bridal magazines and looked and giggled. (No, we are not engaged. No, we are not dorks. Ally is planning to be a party planner ... so we're just researching for her future job. And having tons of fun doing it!) We also ate frozen yogurt, and talked about our lives. Well ... we actually did little talking. More, we laughed and goofed off. But such is life when you are with your best friend.

I love Ally so dearly! I am estatic that I was able to spend a few precious hours with her. We're getting so old ... but everytime we're together it feels like we were eight again. I wish we lived right next to each other like when we were growing up so we could spend more time together. Guess it just means I'll be making another trip up to Idaho soon!


No comments: