Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday - A Weekend Update

Wow, what a week. So much happened in the last couple of days, and I am so tired! But, no rest for the weary quite yet. I guess I should give everyone an update about what has gone on for the last week or so, even though pretty much all those who read my blog were there. But anyway ... here we go.

On Thursday my parents flew in from Texas. I absolutely love my parents. They are some of my best friends, and I miss them terribly out here at school. I still talk to my mom most days, and not for any particular reason other than I love to hear her voice. I always feel so safe when I'm talking to her, like everything is going to turn out alright. So it was nice now to get hugs from her instead of just hear her. I was so excited that I got to spend a couple of days with my parents, talking, shopping, eating, and getting a blessing from my dad.

My parents flew out because we had our Family Reunion in Park City that weekend. It was sad because about 4 cousins couldn't make it because they had to work/go to school. Last reunion I couldn't go because I was working at the preschool. This time, Erica couldn't come for the same reason. So, though we missed those that were not there, we had a great time. There was swimming, and game playing, and of course shopping at the Outlets by our condos. It was a fun week. Sadly I had to keep running back and forth from Provo because I was still working most of the weekend. Nevertheless, it was a very fun weekend. Here are a couple of pictures from the reunion: (Sadly though ... our family is so lame! I had a camera with me all weekend, but it would always get left in the car ... the apartment ... stayed in my purse ... so I personally don't have any pictures. Luckily there are several aunts and uncles who seem to have cameras fused to their hands, so these pictures are thanks to them!)


*We spent one of the nights (Friday) up at Oakcrest, a camp up in Heber City. Aunt Lauren helps run the camp, so was able to get us up there for some fun. We did some archery, and everyone roasted smores. But the most fun we had was the zip-line. It was only a short little one, but it was so hilarious! Everyone took a ride on it, from Grandma to Em, Tayson and Samo. I went down it several times because it was awesome. That was probably the favorite part of the whole night for most people ... well, it at least for me!


Waiting in line for the zip-line.


Wee!

*There was a lot of game playing with the adults, including a Rook tournament which the rookies pretty much dominated. The little kids just liked sitting with us on the couch while we played games, but they were so dang cute!


*Several of our families went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was an amazing experience. The temple is so beautiful, and so peaceful. The last open house I had been through was the Detroit Temple Open House when I was either 11 or 12. The rooms were so gorgeous, and it was uplifting to feel the spirit within its walls.




*I don't have any pictures, but the last day in Park City, we tried to go to the Eating Establishment. Its this little restaurant in downtown Park City where my parents ate on their honeymoon. We got up super early, because I had to get down for work that morning, so we were there right when it opened. And when the owner opened his door, he promptly informed us that the kitchen was have mechanical difficulties, and couldn't make anything hot. BOO! So, instead, we went to this little Jewish deli. It was quite good actually. So though we missed our usual Eating Establishment, we found a new place to enjoy.

After the reunion, my parents stuck a round for a few more days to stay for my birthday. It was so much fun to have them around. It was a lot easier with them in Provo because it was only a 10 minute drive as compared to an hour drive. Because I still had a heavy work and class schedule, they just came to saw me as much as possible. I felt bad because almost every time they saw me, they had to pay to do so. A lot of the time I could only see them at lunch, so they would come by and have lunch at the Cannon with me. I love them so much!

Well, after a couple of very busy days and several very long nights ... my birthday came! Yes, it is true that I have turned the big 2-1. It was a very mellow day because I had to work in the morning, and both my parents were starting to not feel well. My co-workers heart attacked my room, which was very sweet. Ironically they actually used the same balloons that they used last year for my surprise party.


Me and my parents went out to lunch (Noodles and Company) and dinner (Macaroni Grill), and did some shopping in between. We also played games with Grandma that night, in a very quiet house for the first time in two weeks. I got a wonderful phone call from Tayson and Julie, and Tayson sang me happy birthday. (He is so dang cute!) I also got the new football t-shirt for next season from Erica, and my parents bought be several pieces for a work wardrobe. I didn't feel very different on my birthday, but I had a wonderful day. Now, by every definition of the word ... I am an adult.

Bummer.

Then on Saturday, (REALLY early) I drove my parents back to the airport. It was a weird week, because I was excited for my birthday, but then again sad because I knew the second it came, the next day my parents were leaving again. Oh BOO! I already miss them, but Erica and puppy needed their momma and daddy too. Hopefully they will be able to come out in two months when my dad comes recruiting, but they aren't sure yet.

So that was my past week. So thank you to all who wished me a very happy birthday, it truly made me feel loved! Cheers

No comments: