Saturday, June 4, 2011

What Else Went On - June

Then came the month of June. I ended at the preschool on June 3rd, and was only asked to substitute twice in the month. The rest of my time was taken up packing and gathering. Packing all my stuff that was in drawers and cabinets into boxes and gathering things that had spread out during my 18 months in Texas.

Then came the drive. Oh the long drive from Texas to Utah. Mom decided she wanted to give Erica and Andrew the old washer and dryer because Erica was going to have her baby and have a lot more laundry to do. They also wanted the rocking chair, and some chairs. Then someone offered an old couch for free for them. So we shoved all my stuff and all the stuff we were taking Erica and Andrew into a U-haul trailer and hauled it out to Utah. We borrowed some one's truck from dad's work, so it wasn't all that bad. Just long.

So we arrive in Utah and then the joy of unloading. Not unpacking, unloading. And only half of my stuff. Because for two months I lived in Erica and Andrew's new apartment while they lived in North Salt Lake with his parents. So I only had some of my stuff out so I could 'live' and the rest of it went into U-haul. We also helped Erica and Andrew get the stuff they didn't need into their apartment. It is an old apartment, but it's clean. It wasn't too bad of a place. It still hasn't gotten 'set up' completely because of the baby, but it will be enough space for the two (now three) of them for the time being. Erica is trying really hard to make it a home, and she's doing a good job of it.

While I was living in the apartment, I did some job searching and interviewing. Namely for the Hall Advisor job that I applied for a few months ago. Needless to say, none of my prospects turned into a job. I got two call back interviews, but nothing panned out. So I'm still looking for a job as of now ... but I'll get to that soon.

In between my disappointing job searching and interviewing, I made a quilt! I finally put my new sewing machine to good use. I was out at the store with Erica for our first (and so far only) Craft Saturday, and I picked up some fabric that I saw and fell in love with. So I started to make a patchwork quilt. It isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I made it and I love it.



I hope to make a few more things on my sewing machine. I bought some more fabric, so maybe another quilt?

No comments: