May was a good month. It was weird, for the first time to have Erica's birthday without her being our Erica. She was in Utah, married and pregnant.
Also in May, the Frisco Stake decided that they needed to create a YSA branch. It was really cool to see the start of the branch. They called President Jensen to be the bishop and dad actually got called as the ward clerk. Unfortunately, the Saturday before I found out that they were going to create the ward, I had decided I was going to move out to Utah and get ready for graduate school. But it was still a very special experience for me. I finished the preschool about this time, so it was good to get some interaction with other YSA's. I got to play games Monday night like Sardines and basketball and then go get Sonic. I got involved with Institute. It was good to get that for a few weeks. It's a younger ward with a lot of kids right out of high school. But it will be good for the area, making sure that YSA's don't fall through the cracks. I also got to meet Kaycee which I am really grateful for. She was the YSA representative in the stake before the ward was created, so she knew a lot of the YSA's, but I was extremely appreciative and grateful for her friendship to me. I'm sad that we only meet during my last few months in the stake, but she is someone that I am grateful to have known, even for a short while.
Before I knew it, the preschool started to wrap up. I spent 10 months at the school, but at times it felt longer and at other times it felt shorter. It was a good job really, it taught me a lot about children and how I want to raise my own kids. It gave me a lot of good ideas of things to do as an aunt with my niece when she gets older. It was a good job, but I don't know if I would ever voluntarily go another year.
Before I left the state of Texas, I also got to visit the Gaylord Texan. It is this HUGE hotel in the Dallas area. It has it's own little town in the middle of it and a miniature Alamo. It was a very cool last hurrah before moving out the Utah.
In some ways I miss Texas. It really is a clean place, and very well planned for the most part. But I was not sad to miss the 47 day streak of over 100 degrees this summer. I luckily missed most of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment