Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Ultimate Wish Cupcake

** So I guess this isn't important ... but I had the post 'saved' in May about my baking experience. So this isn't one of the big deal events, but I thought I should finish this post anyway. **

I have a big confession to make ... I love following blogs. I think I have a 110 different blogs on my reader. Some of them are written by my family. Some are written by dear friends. Others are written by 'professional' bloggers. And I do have to admit some are friends of friends of friends who I don't even know, but I follow their blogs religiously.

Anyway - this kind of embarrassing confession has a point. There is a blog that I follow that posted this recipe for cupcakes that I knew the moment I saw I had to try. (Another time for confession ... I stopped my year of the cupcakes ... in March. So this was my lame attempt at trying to delay my guilt for not making the rest of the cupcakes.)

So I decided to make these cupcakes. These are my ultimate wish cupcakes. They are the best of so many worlds ... so good, the perfect mixture of all that I love. The reminded me of [one of] my favorite flavors of ice cream: Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream. It has half cookie dough ice cream and half chocolate brownie. It is the best of both worlds. And so is this cupcake.


*A Cookie Dough Cupcake*


This cupcake has a ball of cookie dough in the middle of it, with a cookie dough inspired icing on top. It is heavenly! It was the first time making them ... so I learned a few things, like make smaller balls of cookie dough so they are easier to eat. Which means I can cut the recipe for the cookie dough in half. But oh my goodness they were good. I usually don't eat the cupcakes that I make, but I did eat a lot of these cupcakes by myself. :)


I can't wait to make these again! They were so good and so far my favorite [and delicious] baking experience.

No comments: