It has been hard the last year or so being home. I'm not going to lie. It's been fun not having to go to school, or paying rent. It has been great being with my family who truly are some of my best friends. It has not been fun however not having any associations with those who are my own age. That has been a big bummer.
And it has been really hard this past year trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has seemed right for the last year when I try to figure out what to do with my life. No idea seemed to be the right way to go.
And then I went to D.C. last month [I promise I'll post about that soon enough. There are a lot of pictures, so it's kind of intimidating]. I went to Washington D.C. and had such an amazing time. It reminded me how much I loved politics, how much I loved school, and how much I liked spending time with people my own age.
So I have been doing a lot of thinking the last two months. And finally yesterday, I think I figured out what I am going to do with my life.
I think I'm moving back to Utah this year. I want to work the next year out there in order to establish my residency so that I can apply to go to Utah State University in Fall 2012 to get my Masters in Political Science.
They have a program that I can get excited about, they have graduate student housing, and it's in Utah so I can be in the same state as my niece (and my sister but we all know who I will be wanting to see when I go to visit her). It feels like a good plan - it just feels right. It feels different than the other almost haphazard plans I have had over the past year. They seemed like get rich quick schemes - too good to be true. This on the other hand feels like it is the natural thing to do. It's a different kind of excited.
So now I just need to find a job out west in order to save up the money so I don't have to go into debt for school. But I have a plan now. A direction for my life. It feels good to have that direction. Oh so very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment