I cannot believe that it is 2012. Where did this year go? It almost does not seem like 2011 happened. It is just a blur. But I always enjoy the start of a new year because it means that I get to look at the last year and evaluate myself. To look at my goals and decide what I want to work on for the next year. So, just like last year I am going to go over last year's resolutions to see how I did. I don't think I did as well as last year, but here we go ...
1. Buy a car
Nope - did not complete that one. Then again, I was out of work for 6 months and moved in the middle of the year.
2. Lose weight
Oops - did not do that one either. I think I actually gained some weight back, so that one was a backwards step.
3. Study
I did not have an explanation for this one, but I would like to believe that I have worked on my continual education.
4. Read 5 books a month
This one I am actually really sad I did not finish. It was a pretty lofty goal with reading 5 books a month. I came really close -- I read 50 books this year. It was interesting to read the different books I had picked. I tried to get a variety. I enjoy reading, so maybe I can try again next year.
5. Save $5000 in the bank
I completed this one ... for a week. For about a week I had that amount in my accounts, but after moving and not having a job for 6 months I have depleted that fund.
6. Save up for my own place/Move into my own place
This one I'm going to count as half done. I do not technically have my own place, but I have been living on my own for most of the last 6 months. I'm staying in my parent's place in Daybreak by myself so I'm going to kind of count that for living on my own. Not quite the same thing, but close.
7. Go on one date this year
Nope ... again. Unfortunately this will be going on 4 years since my last date this July.
8. Give to the Perpetual Education fund every month/Attend the temple once a month
I gave every month I had a job to the education fund, and I think I did get to the temple every month. So this one I am going to say yes.
9. Learn to love me, no matter what path I decide
This one is a hard one to evaluate, but I have learned a lot about myself the last few months and how to love myself.
10. Spoil my niece rotten
I cannot believe that it was a year ago that we found out that Erica was pregnant. If feels as if Emma has been with us forever! But I have certainly spoiled her. She makes me so happy when she laughs.
Now onto 2012's resolutions:
1. Look for the Lord's hand in my life
This is a big one for me this year. After not knowing what to do for most of last year, the last week has been a very special experience. Every thing has fallen into place. To me that shows me the Lord's hand in my life. And I want to spend the rest of the year looking every day for how the Lord is guiding my life.
2. Go to USU
That is a big one for me this year. To actually go to graduate school. Hopefully I will have good news in the next month or so about that. But I am excited about the program and hope that I get in. So I guess this also counts as my continual education goal.
3. Lose weight
Yep, this is one of those continual new year's resolutions. I hope to get down to my Freshman year weight (about 140 lbs) before the start of fall semester.
I guess those are my big 3 this year. It's going to be a busy year trying to get ready for graduate school.
Here's hoping for a great 2012.
1 comment:
Ok, FIFTY books! That is AMAZING! I want to read more and need to make time for it. I mean if I have time to watch Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance....I can make time to read, right? Also, I think it's so neat that you're going to grad school! Great goals and it looks to me like you're going to have a fabulous year. Looking forward to seeing you at Michelle's wedding!
Post a Comment