Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Return of the Prodigal Blogger

NEWSBREAK:

Yes, I am still alive.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way -

A Compilation of Thoughts from Over the Weeks:

Love - There are many different thoughts on the subject, so therefore several resources are the inspiration for this musing. The first comes from a song that seems to play almost daily on my Ipod:

"Who said that its better to have loved and lost/I wish I had never loved at all"

A moment of sadness for whoever wrote that line. For all the guys that have broken my heart, for every guy that has ignored, abused, misused, or hurt me, there has never been a moment where I wished I had never had them in my life. Am I naive, or stupid?

Don't answer that.

Another thought about love. Shakespeare certainly knew what he was talking about. Even in a time where women, according to social norm, could be misused in their society, Shakespeare had a lot of respect for love and women. For example, Merchant of Venice, where Portia saves the man she loves. Now, don't get me wrong, Shakespeare did not paint all of his female characters in such great lights (look at Lady Macbeth) but there is enough in my mind to give Shakespeare the benefit of the doubt.

Life - In general, I can say that I am a happy person. Hopefully you agree (seeing that probably only the random individual will be reading this, if you do disagree, please do not tell me, let me stay naive). When everything seems to be going wrong, one of the most reliable places to go and find happiness is yourself.

Liberty - I feel so lucky to be living in this country. The fact that liberty means something, and not just a word, is such a blessing.

Pursuit of Happiness - Most people hate the dating 'games' that are played so often now. Now I am not saying that all games are good, but for me, the pursuit itself thrills me. To work toward something (or someone) to one day end up with it (or them) is exciting. So sue me.

Now for Something Completely Different:

For Mother's Day, my little sister and I took pictures to give. This is one of my favorites because it is me and my sister, down to a t.


Other Updates from the Other Side of the Moon:

The one great thing about Utah, is that it is absolutely beautiful at night. The mountains are gorgeous, the stars are bright. So for a late night adventure, a few of my friends and I went to Bridal Veil Falls. Here are some of the results:


And of course, being me ... I had to bring something that expressed my personality ...

Don't Judge


Now Back to Our Scheduled Programming -

Song of the Day:

"So Stand on the Edge with Me/Hold Back Your Fear and See/Nothing is Real til Its Gone/And Hold On Before Its Too Late"
- Goo Goo Dolls, Before It's Too Late

If we don't live our lives without a little risk, it disappears.

Political Thought for the Day:

"As I have said, he should do what is right if he can; but he must be prepared to do wrong if necessary."
- Machiavelli, The Prince

A sad day in politics when this comes true. Unfortunately, that day has already come and gone. What happened to the clean politician who cared for what it is best for the nation and its citizens, not for their own re-election? If you find one, let me know.

Shakespeare Thought of the Day:

"If music be the food of love, play on"
- Duke, Twelfth Night, Act I Scene I

Medival "Rock On"

Favorite Movie (At the Moment) : Shakespeare Retold

What is art? Something that is never the same. Shakespeare was such a genius, that even hundreds of years later, you will never see the same Hamlet, Macbeth, Benedick, Juliet, Portia, or Katherina. That is what makes his plays art, that everyone can see something differently. And every time you come to him, depending on your situation, you get something entirely different in return. William Shakespeare is one person I want to meet in the next life. How did he do it?

Now to reminisce back to a time where people were not afraid to tell the truth -
Good Night, and Good Luck

No comments: