The train of thoughts going through my head while my Physical Science TA is talking about nuclear fission (its like division) and fusion (there is nothing cool that rhymes with fusion):
Would it not be cool if we all had magic like Harry Potter? (Don't judge me ... I just finished reading the last two books) What would it be like to be a tiny dancer? Would we have to wear huge glasses like Elton John? How do the Disney princess get their hair to look so perfect, through wind, rain and being swept off their feet by their princes? Why does it seem that whenever there are a million things to do, the things that get done are the unimportant things? (Like changing the background on your blog or rearranging the sock drawer? How is it possible that the days that you look cute, you never run into people you know, but on your 'ugly' days it is a never ending line of people who you haven't seen in forever?
What I have been trying to say in these stupid questions (aka - translation from Amandaism):
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get what we want? To be able to click our fingers and get what our hearts desire. I know that it is not the best way to get what we want, because without the work, where is the appreciation? The pride in the hard work that went into getting what you want. It is so much more meaningful that way.
Why does life feel like it is a never-ending fashion show? Where no one is appreciated for their mind, but rather for the clothes that they are wearing and if they can put them together in a way that is fashionably suitable? Is that all that matters? If you look good? And why do we always have to follow some one else's standards to be accepted? Once again, I know that isn't the best way to find happiness, but it isn't helpful when that seems to be the only option because no one accepts you for who you are.
Why do other people's lives seem so perfect while mine is falling around my ankles? I have NO idea what I want to be, what I even want. How am I supposed to be moving toward a goal when I have no idea which way I am pointing? How do people know what they want, how do they achieve that?
Why is life not fair? But then again, what fun would life be if everything is fair? It always seems that in the awkward/rough parts of life is where we can find laughter and memories.
Okay ... I think that is enough sappy/asking-for-sympathy for one day ... I think I am going to hide this post by writing another one. No one ever reads this stuff anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment