Friday, April 3, 2009

Life As We Know It

Hello world.

It's been a while since I have added to my blog. Good thing no one ever reads it, right? Anyway, I thought I would just add a few things that have been going on in my life the last couple of weeks, just for records sake.

About two weeks ago, I took a quick trip up to Woodruff with my sister, my aunt, and my sweet cousin Emily. It was a nice quick trip to see family, get some wonderful food, and just spend time with some awesome relatives. We went up to see my two cousins in their high school production of Beauty and the Beast. I do have to say I was highly impressed with the quality of the production. They may have had few students, but those students were talented! Dallin made an awesome Chip (I don't know how his legs didn't die in that little box of a cup). And Michelle was a beautiful broom. I tried to take some pictures ... but they did not turn out too well. I'll try and post the few I did take ... once I get back to my apartment.

Then the next weekend, me and Erica made a trip up to Idaho again. I love going there. It feels like home. Thanks again to the wonderful Bullocks who were so kind to let me and Erica crash at their house again. It was tons of fun to go see them. It reminds me of going home ... probably because I spent so much time with their family while growing up. It was great to also see Ally and just talk about how old we're getting. I don't want to believe it ... but in just a few months we'll both be 21. Luckily for us ... we will forever be 12 to each other. I wouldn't want it any other way. It was also fun to find out I am not the only single girl who likes to look through bridal magazines, even though I'm single. But Ally has a good excuse, because she wants to study to be an events planning ... which includes weddings. So once she becomes the party planner to the rich and famous, hopefully I can snag her to plan my lowly wedding (one day). The weekend was a lot of fun. We tried this amazing little restaurant downtown ... and it was so good! And we also went to the Titanic exhibit. It was actually the same exhibit that was in Detroit so long ago. I remember going to it with (I think) Aunt Julie and my family. The interesting thing about it is we get tickets of actual people on the Titanic, and you go through the exhibit, and in the end you find out if that individual was saved or not. I am happy to report that I am 2 for 2. Both times I have been to exhibit I have survived, the first time as a 3rd class guest, and this time as a 1st class guest. The sad thing was you couldn't take pictures in the exhibit. But they did have an AWESOME kids room in their museum, and of course me and Ally just had to make an appearance. It was a great weekend. I was so sad that me and Erica had to jet out of there so fast. The weather was starting to get bad ... so we left pretty fast. Thanks again for a wonderful weekend.

The last thing I guess I have to report is that I leave for New York ... in 12 hours. Yes, that's right, in only a few hours I will be on my way to a glorious 10 days in New York. (Well, at least I hope it will be glorious). I already have planned to go to a Mets game that first Saturday I'm there (the Yankees tickets were darn TOO expensive), and on the second Saturday .. I'm going to WICKED! I am so excited! My friend got these tickets from one of her friends, and we're going! It is going to be amazing! I can not wait to get there. It is going to be so much fun. Unfortunately I am starting to freak out about the competition. Luckily for me, I have a great partner ... and we are so going to rock New York!

Well ... I still have a ton of stuff to do before I leave tonight ... so I should probably stop typing. I'll get pictures up as soon as possible, both of Idaho and of New York.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Ally said...

AMANDA!

Why didn't you tell me you had a blog? By the way, I like that you (also a single lady) look at bridal magazines too! Now I don't feel like such a loser! Can't wait to see you again. Have a BLAST in New York!!

Love your forever 12 year old friend-

Ally

Jessica said...

For the record, I read your blog every time you post something new. Have fun in New York!