Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hmmm ... Well I Could Write In My Blog

So, I am sitting at work. There is nothing really to do. Sometimes I love that ... but most times I hate it.

I should be working on my paper. But ... nope ... don't want to.

So I thought, after perusing through all the usual websites, and finding nothing that struck my fancy - its high time I 'updated' my blog again. (I promise ... once the semester is done, and I have more time ... I'll write more. I promise.)

Yesterday was the BIG day. Only 30 more days until I get back to Texas. I'm excited. Still haven't figured out what I want to do yet. But I still have time. Looks like I won't hear back from my contacts - so I'm going in blind. But hopefully I will find a job ... somewhere in politics I hope. I feel really different from my other poli sci friends. They all have a specific job in mind, they know what the next step in life is for them. I don't. I really don't know right now ... I'm just trying to figure it out. There are so many options.

  • Graduate School - Maybe UTD, Masters in Political Science, Constitutional Law, or Legislative Studies
  • Law School - There are a couple of good ones in Texas
  • MBA/Law Degree - Maybe I'll be back in Utah sooner than I think
  • Work on Campaigns - It is a mid-term election year. Should be enough campaigns to work on
  • Be a Teacher - My mom mentioned this, and I think it is a highly viable option right now. Go back to school (I don't know how I feel about this) and study to be a High School Social Studies teacher. It would pay the bills, and be something to do while I figured out/saved up for graduate school. I even started planning out my lessons for an AP Government class. Yes, yes ... I am a dork. Let's move on
  • Or do one of the other million projects I have running around in my head - including 3 different start up companies I have talked with people about (one with Ally ... two with my mom - all in different areas)

There are so many options. I feel as if I can do all of these.

And yet because I feel as if I can do all of these ... I feel as if I can't do anything.

Confusing ... I know.

Oh well. I'm just excited to go back to Texas. Just need to find a job. And then after a couple of months, I'll get my own apartment ... and just be an adult.

I know ... an adult. It feels so weird. I ran into a friend of mine on campus, and he asked me how I was doing. I told him a brief synopsis of what's coming up next with my life - and he said "wow ... so you're actually going to be a functioning adult? No longer a student?" Its going to be weird to move on from the limbo position that is being a college student.

I may not know where I'm going ... but I'll get there soon enough.

Oh ... and P.S. - Allyson gets MARRIED tomorrow! Pictures sure to come.

No comments: