The colors were fabulous for the party. Pinks, green and white. I'm so glad Kelsey was throwing the party ... because I don't think anyone other than the Bullocks could have thrown such an excellent party.
This was my meager contribution to the party ... the favors had hugs and kisses in them. We tried to make it look like a cake. I think we did a pretty good job.
There was great food ... great games ... and lots of great memories. It was great to be able to be able to participate in a lot of the different aspects of the wedding.
Me and Erica at the party. Sisterly bonding ...
The then hot bride to be.
After the shower ... Ally, Sierra, Erica & I went out for a night on the town. It was a great night, and our version of a bachelorette party because me and Erica wouldn't see Ally until the wedding. (P.S. - Sorry that I am looking the wrong way ... this was the best picture. The Red Socks were playing that night.)
Me and the bride to be.
Then ... came November 20th. Ally and Cesar were married at the Salt Lake Temple. I remember laughing with Ally, going to sleepovers, and goofing off. Then ... all of a sudden, she is coming out of the temple looking so incandescently happy. She looked as if she came straight out of a bridal magazines. I couldn't help but cry when she came out of the temple. My best friend getting married is certainly one of the best days of my life. I remember meeting Cesar when I went up to Ally's birthday this summer ... and I remember thinking that they would be a cute couple. And now ... they are married. They looked so beautiful at the temple. And then Erica and I were lucky enough to drive up to Idaho on Saturday for the reception. I felt so blessed to be a bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding. I just cannot express my joy for her ... or my wish that I find someone that makes me half as happy as they are. When I saw her this weekend ... the tears flowed freely. At the reception, during her first dance with Cesar and then with her dad ... I just gave up then. I wept. I am so happy for my best friend ... and I wish them the greatest happiness.
Mr. and Mrs. Salgado coming out of the temple
Ally and her bridesmaids. I learned from Cecily's wedding ... have someone else take your camera. This time I was lucky enough to get a couple of pictures of myself before the professional pictures are done.
Me with the bride. Another time I had to hold back the tears. Ally looked absolutely beautiful in her dress. She actually designed the top part of the dress herself. She has such an eye for fashion.
The almost sisters. Erica and I feel as if we are a simple extension of the Bullock family. We love them so much.
Such a precious moment. Once again ... I feel as if the Bullocks are my second family.
See ... this is what I mean. They look as if they came straight out of a bridal magazine!
These last two pictures are of the reception in Idaho Falls. It was hard to get a good picture of the set up. It took a couple of good hours in the morning to get it all ready ... but it looked absolutely perfect after all that work. The colors were perfect for the fall ... and it was just like Allyson's style. The cake was completely homemade ... and you could totally tell. It was so delicious.
I was so happy I could make it to my best friend's special day. It was also great to see old friends from Michigan ... most who are out here in Utah and Idaho it seems. Between the formal dinner on Friday and the reception on Saturday it feels as if we had half of Michigan back together.
It was a beautiful weekend. There were tears and laughing, and a lot of special memories of that special day. I hope Ally and Cesar find happiness in their long years of marriage. I can't believe that we are all grown up ... but I am so happy for them in my life. So once again ... congrats Mr. and Mrs. Salgado.
1 comment:
Amanda! You are so special to us too! Thank you for being such an important part of our lives! I can't believe your time in Provo is over! I will really miss your trips up to see us! You (and Erica) are welcome to come again anytime! Thanks again for all you have done for Ally!
Love you!
Post a Comment