Sometimes you are very limited in your options when you have a sleeping puppy on your floor. Obviously there is the choice to go to bed yourself. But I have decided to take the road least travelled and update my blog. I have made it a goal to write at least one post every month for the whole year. Luckily I got January done, and it looks like I'll get February done on the first day! Whoot.
So I guess an update is in order. I've been living here in Texas for over a month, and absolutely adore it. There aren't a lot of places where you would hear such things as:
"Look Manda! He's the devil from the front, and Hitler from the side." - My mother's remark to my father's hair cut this weekend
"Come my children!" - My mother, standing on a dock (like Moses), calling all the ducks to her
"Manda, I'm scared!" - My mother, when all the ducks do start coming to her, as well as about 15 seagulls circling overhead
"Ahhh - his head's stuck. And I don't have my phone!" - Once again, my mother, when she thought our dog had his head stuck in between the posts on the dock while watching the ducks
The three quotes kind of go in order - and really, it was hilarious. But I think it was one of those 'you had to be there' moments. But, nevertheless I will try to spread the joy by roughly explaining what happened. My family is full of comedians, so there is never an ending to the laughter.
I'm still working on my classes. Which means I have tons of stuff left to do, and no will to do it. It's a lot harder to finish classes when there is no professor there teaching a lecture. I usually get away with not doing the reading for most of my classes during the year, simply because I am pretty good at catching clues from the lectures and from general knowledge. However, when there is nothing else to rely on - you have to do the reading. And to say I'm having a little problem motivating myself to do that is an understatement.
Other than that ... I got a job. Yep. I am now gainfully employed. I am following in my Aunt's footsteps and I'm going to start as a bank teller at Wells Fargo this next week. I'm excited - the pay is alright and the hours are good. It's not in politics, but oh well. On that front, I talked to Congressman Pete Session's District Director this past week. It was great to talk to him and get some leads on some campaigns that I could get involved in this upcoming year. I even got to meet Pete Sessions. (Well, I shook his hand, said hello - but that was still pretty cool.) It was a nice meeting with his District Director - so hopefully something political will come out of that so I can still stay in my field (somewhat).
I am still just having fun here. Trying to figure out how to live as an adult. It's hard. But - I'm learning and just trying to do better. Well, now my puppy is snuggled up with the pile of clothes I left on the floor. He is so dang cute at times - ridiculous, but cute.
1 comment:
First of all, your mom is hilarious. I love that woman. And congrats on the job!! I'm so excited for you! I loved being a teller. You get to meet all sorts of people, handle lots of cash, and learn a lot about money/budgeting by seeing how other people manage or severely mismanage their money =).
Post a Comment