Saturday, November 20, 2010

Um Sick

Ib Sick.

Not too bad still ... but I'm still sick. Most people take medicine to make the better. I on the other crazy hand do not.

For two reasons really. The first is I have a hatred for medicine unless absolutely necessary. That probably comes from the fact that I took a pill every day for two years for a really unnecessary reason that reeked havoc on my body. I hated the limitations of the pill on my diet, I hated the things it did to my body -- it seemed to me the risks/limits/hazards were more than the small benefit that I got. I began to hate medicine then. I have always had a dislike of medication, even Tylenol. I have to be reminded to take it when I feel sick, because it is not the thing I like to do.

Which leads me to the second reason that I don't like to take medicine. I want to make sure I am actually sick. I hate depending on medication to make me feel better. I want my body to do all that it can first, to be absolutely certain that my body cannot take care of the sickness first. That comes probably from elementary school -- I would get a little bit sick and my mother would make me take medicine and I would get better. But I always felt that my body could take care of it if I would be left to fight it. Weird reason I know.

I mean, this last week I got really sick for the first time in about 2 years. The first time I've had an actually fever in over 5 years. I came home from work and the first thing that I did was go to sleep. It wasn't until someone came home and told me to take Tylenol that I even thought to take it. I did at that point because I really was sick and my body couldn't take care of it at that point.


But I really hate taking medicine. That weekend I took more Tylenol than I have taken in the past 1 1/2 years. And I hated everyone.

I mean I'm the type of person that takes medicine when it hurts to think, and only if my 'women's problems' want me to rip out body parts.

I'm still sick now. I rather go the 'natural' way to have my body fight the sickness and have it take a little longer. I don't get sick that often, so it doesn't bother me that much.

I don't know why I needed to rant about Tylenol -- but there you go. Maybe I still have a fever and are going through another feverish haze.

Oh well ... darn you three year old children and wanting to share everything -- including germs.

No comments: