So I ditched that plan and made it up on my own. I had seen this idea on another friend's Facebook page/blog. It was a little labor intensive, but the faces of people when they took a bite were worth it.
(I might do the "actual" March cupcakes next month when I do April's ... like I did last month. They just didn't look that cute to me.)
So it starts off like any other cupcake excursion.
But this is where the work comes in. You divide the batter. For this time I made it with the colors of the rainbow. But I saw a blog that used blue & while for a BYU Sweet Sixteen party ... enter a moment of silence for the bittersweet lost.
Moving on.
I decided to take a "during shot". You just start piping the different colors into the cupcake tin, one on top of the other. It was really hard making sure to A. do it evenly in the liner, and B. to make sure there was enough for all 24 cupcakes.
And the final product. I couldn't leave them unfrosted. Especially after getting my Ultimate Decorating Set. So I decided to make a rainbow. It falls within the March theme I think ... spring ... St. Patrick's Day. It works.
Trust me.
These I think are some of the best cupcakes I have made yet. That is a pretty low standard, but still -- these are my favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment