So this is one of my favorite times of year. Awards season! For my family ... this is our Super Bowl. We try and watch as many of the front runners as possible. We discuss, we argue about who will win. We have pools and bets. It's our special thing.
However, this year I am not so sure. One of the first award shows is the People's Choice Award. I usually see who wins after the show, but this year I decided to watch it. And I was shocked.
All but 2 of my choices won. I mean, are my tastes that different than most people. And it wasn't like they lost to my second choice either. They lost to my last choice or shows/actors I had never heard of.
It was kind of disheartening. I always thought that my tastes were not identical to most people, but at least somewhat in tune. This was a big eye opener.
I hope that as the awards season continues I will find a few more winners that align with my 'winners'. But we will just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment