On one hand, I love the concept of long hair. What you can do with it -- curl it, straighten it, put it up, and style it. However, I do not know how to do those kind of things with my hair. It's too thick, there's too much of it. So it is kind of pointless to have it long when I never really do anything with it. I guess I hold out the hope that one day I will learn how to do cool things to it. Sometimes it does look good when I first get out of the shower, but that's about it.
Then there is the other hand, short hair. I had short hair when I was a kid, and it is a cut that I think flatters me. And with my type of hair, it would mean a lot less time straightening and 'styling' it. However, you can't do anything with it. Well, not the things I want to do with it. I love the beach waves look, soft waves, and braids.
So ... that's my dilemma.
So the picture above is probably my hair at the longest. My senior year. I had my hair short until about sophomore year, and then I just grew it out. It's been almost 5 years. I liked long hair, I thought it was a more adult look and I stuck with it. That picture at my graduation also shows another part of my dilemma. My hair looks good sometimes, but not all the time. Usually right after I style it, but then I sleep on it, the wind gets to it, etc. And then, it goes flat and frizzy. That much I hate about my hair.
So ... I have an appointment next Saturday. I have almost made up my mind to cut my hair short again, but I still have my doubts.
Oh what to do ... what to do. Then there is the question of bangs ... another bane of my existence. Hair is such a fickle thing to deal with.


1 comment:
Short hair! I really liked the short hair in the third picture. With short hair you can still curl it and style it, it's just in small portions :)
Post a Comment