Saturday, December 4, 2010

On the 2nd Day

I'm a little behind ... so I guess I better get back on the ball.

The next item in my bedroom that defines me is my BYU diploma.

After 4 years, 3 1/2 years in Utah and a semester at home I finished my undergraduate degree. It was a marvelous feeling to actually have proof that I survived all the professors, papers, finals, and drama of college. My graduation gift is the frame that it resides in. It is probably the thing that I am most proud of in my room.

It is strange to think that I am done with my degree. It only feels like yesterday that my parents were dropping me off, that I was walking into my first exam, getting my first semester's grades, and procrastinating my first paper. How can it be that I'm all done with that now? It was one of my best experiences. I learned a lot: about me, about how to deal with other people, how to learn, and how to live on my own. I'm proud to say that I have graduated from BYU. I could have gone to other schools - I got accepted to all the schools I applied to. And as I've mentioned previously, I am certain that my life would have turned out differently.

It took a while to get my frame ... but the second I got it I made sure to put it up. I hope that this will not be the last degree I get, but it will be one of my best. It means that I survived. It means that I am finished being a kid. It means that I have moved on to the next part of my life - how ever unprepared I may feel, at least I feel better with my degree on my wall.

No comments: