Saturday, December 4, 2010

On the 3rd Day

The third thing in my room is one of my night stands. It's dedicated to me and my sister. It holds the bouquet that I held during my sister's wedding. It has pictures of us, both before she became Mrs. Lord and after.

I love my little corner. It is one of the things that I look at each day. It's one of the last things that I look at before I fall asleep. I miss my sister a lot since she got married. It's kind of funny -- during my first two years of school when she was still at home I missed her, but not as much as now because I always figured I would see her when I went home for Christmas/Mother's Day or whenever I went home. But now isn't the case. She's married, she's 'gone'. She has her own apartment, her own married life that she's started with Andrew.

It almost doesn't seem fair that we have to give her away. There are times like last night when we really miss her - when jokes that no one but her gets come up again. But with my little corner in my room, I feel as if she's just close by.

This list that I'm coming up with is supposed to be a definition of me. But I don't think that I would be who I am today without my sister. The jokes we used to laugh at, the games we played, even the fights we used to have. They all defined who I grew up to be. This table reminds me everyday of those memories.

No comments: