I should really see someone about this.
I'm cupcake obsessed.
But at least these ones I didn't need to eat. I never really want to eat them when I make them ... just decorating them is fun. But these were for one of the daughters in the family my mom and dad visit. It was her 8th birthday this last week, and it was fun to do something for her. I wanted to make this cake out of fondant ... but I thought that was WAY too ambitious for my first time working with fondant. But I think these cupcakes turned out pretty cute and not too bad for my first time working with fondant. One of these days though, I will make that cake.
But here are the cupcakes ... baked and frosted. I really need to work on my simple frosting technique. It's hard to make it smooth. Maybe I need more icing on the cupcakes. And I need a better way to make cupcakes more uniform. To many bumps and lack of uniformity that bothers my OCD-ness.
My little fondant station. I am missing quite a few pieces if I want to really do this a lot. But I was able to improvise on the missing items so I made it work.
The "finished" product. I never really took a picture of the full out "Happy Birthday" but here are all the pieces ... in the wrong order. I spent a lot of work ... for 2 flowers. But hey, it's a start.
Close up of the flowers. It was fun trying something new ... I want to do more with fondant. But I agree that it is never really yummy. Probably the only "yummy" fondant I had was my friend Ally's wedding ... when it was like homemade fondant.
Well ... it's a start. Now I just need someone else to have birthday so I can justify to myself to buy the rest of the "equipment" I need to really do it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment