So some people have the Superbowl.
My family ... we have the Oscars.
We love movies.
That's pretty obvious to those who know me.
We like good movies. Okay ... let me rephrase that. I love good movies. Ones that make me think, question, doubt, and hope.
Every year we try to watch a good portion of Oscar movies ... before they're Oscar nominees. So this year ... I am proud to say I saw half of the Best Picture nominees. Which means I saw most of the films nominated for a lot of things.
I saw:
Toy Story 3
Inception
True Grit
The Social Network
The Kings Speech
After taping it Sunday night ... mom & I watched it on Monday. Let's just say that I'm two for two. Out of the 24 awards given ... I guessed 11 out of 24.
However, my mom kicked my but on the "BIG" nominations. She got 6 for 6 for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Directing. I only got 4 out of the 6. But I am good when it comes to the technical categories.
But it was cool to watch movies that really touch me win some great awards. "The King's Speech" was such a touching movie - so I'm glad that it won the "BIG" categories - Directing, Picture, Actor and Original Screenplay. "Inception" was, technically speaking the obvious winner. If it had been nominated for Directing, it would have been a tough race between the two. And you gotta give a shout out to Aaron Sorkin for best Adapted Screenplay. And it was obvious that Toy Story 3 was going to win for Best Animated Film.
There were not a lot of 'it should have gone to someone else' moments. So all and all ... a good evening/afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment