My Freshman year was an interesting year. It was a learning experience to be away from home and to make those decisions for myself that frankly I took for granted. But that is beside the point. My Freshman year was a lot of fun too. One of my favorite memories was actually a night in February.
Oscar Night.
My room mates and I 'made a bet' - well, predicted who we thought would win and said we would give food to the winner of those predictions.
Well ... I won that night. I don't even remember what won that year (it may or may not have been the year that Departed won).
Anyway ... my mom, my sister and I decided to do the same thing this year. We're each making our predictions and we'll find out whose right.
So here are my predictions:
Best Picture -- "Black Swan"
Best Actor -- Colin Firth "The King's Speech"
Best Supporting Actor -- Christian Bale "The Fighter"
Best Actress -- Natalie Portman "Black Swan"
Best Supporting Actress -- Haliee Steinfield "True Grit"
Animated Feature Film -- Toy Story 3
Art Direction -- "Inception"
Cinematography -- "Inception"
Costume Design -- "Alice in Wonderland"
Directing -- "Black Swan"
Documentary (Feature) -- "Inside Job"
Documentary (Short-Feature) -- "The Warriors of Quigang"
Film Editing -- "Black Swan"
Foreign Film -- "Biutiful"
Makeup -- "The Way Back"
Music (Original Score) -- "The King's Speech"
Music (Original Song) -- We Belong Together "Toy Story 3"
Short Film (Animated) -- "Day & Night"
Short Film (Live Action) -- "Wish 143"
Sound Editing -- "Inception"
Sound Mixing -- "The Social Network"
Visual Effects -- "Inception"
Writing (Adapted Screenplay) -- "The Social Network"
Writing (Original Screenplay) -- "Inception"
I'll let you know on Monday who won!
No comments:
Post a Comment