Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Craftiness Continues

So there must be something in the water or in the air because I'm starting to get concerned with all the craftiness I'm feeling.

Okay, not really. I'm lovin' being crafty. It makes me happy.
I think this little project of mine was a lot more successful than my cupcakes. And a lot simpler.

So I recently found a new love. Mini cookie cutters. They are adorable - the same shapes as their larger counterparts, but miniaturized. They are adorable. And out of half of the dough from a sugar cut out cookie recipe -- I got 50 cookies. A little friendlier for the diabetics in the house hold ... but still delicious.


I wanted to do something a little more 'grown-up'. So I used a mini maple leaf and acorn cookie cutter. I probably could have gotten more cookies - some of the ones I made were a little thick.

Then I simply melted chocolate. Simple, elegant, and delicious.


And here are my finished products. Mini cookies dipped in chocolate.



I'm totally having way too much fun baking. I need to find a more diet friendly hobby.

:)

p.s. - My dog's broke my computer and kicked off my "c" button. I didn't realize home often I used the letter "c" until now. It sucks!

p.p.s - Second rehearsal for The Messiah. Kind of excited ... kind of scared.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love the cookies (but it would help if I could taste them)!!