Saturday, October 23, 2010

I May Have Lost People Skills

So I have noticed something after working at the preschool.

I don't know how to talk to adults.

I mean ... the way you talk to a three-year old is a lot different than talking to adults.

I use shorter sentences.
I use the words "my friends" a lot more.
I use easy words.
And my conversations revolve around a lot of hands - wash your hands, keep your hands to yourself, etc.

If I'm not careful - that pattern of conversation moves over to my [very] limited communication with adults.

However - I have noticed something else.

As my people skills have decreased ... my cutting out/drawing/imagination skills have improved greatly!

So I just wanted to show the world what my lack of people skills have done ...


This is the kind of math I miss. Charts. The kids just told me how they felt about presents, rainstorms and cookies. Yes, one child said presents made him sad. And three said cookies made them sad - but one little girl had a really good answer when I asked her why. She said that sometimes her dad won't let her get cookies, so that's why they make her sad.


And this was our little chart about our favorite kinds of weather. There was an extremely high number of children who liked snow. I guess I would like it too if it only came twice a year, melted by noon, and yet closed the schools with only half an inch on the ground.

No comments: