The title of this post references a book that I read recently for a book club. It was an amazing book. It really led me to think a lot about the good and the bad in life. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is an easy read, but it is deep on so many levels. As we mentioned in book club - its easy for authors to write about the worst in people, but so difficult to write the good. This is one of those books.
After reading this book - my life seemed to follow the same pattern. There was a lot of sweet in my life the last couple of months. Graduating, finding two full time jobs during a recession, having a [free] roof over my head while I have paid off almost all my debt, and having a sister get married are just a few of the many things.
Like I promised (so long ago) ... here are some of the pictures from that happy day. I can't believe that it is done and over with. My sister has been married for two whole months. We visited her apartment last weekend. I am simply surprised how home-y it feels there, only after they had been there two short months. It's small and it's a college apartment, but it just felt like a home. It was a little weird seeing my (at times I feel 'interesting') little sister being a loving wife and homemaker. It feels like yesterday we were smuggling each other, playing library, and fighting over bathroom counter space. But she is so happy with Andrew, and it makes me so happy to see them like that.
I guess I should tell a little bit about the wedding day - seeing that I never did. :)
It went off without a hitch! That is all I can really say. Erica looked absolutely ravishing and nothing went wrong. We were all waiting for something to go wrong, but nothing ever did. I flew out the day before the wedding -- a crazy feat nonetheless. I was tired from the second I lifted off to the moment we arrived home. Mom, dad, and Erica had been out in Utah for almost a week [they missed my birthday in order to get ready for the wedding - but no sore feelings]. We went to a 'rehearsal' dinner that the Lord's put on that night. A really smart decision that I hope to have at my wedding because it really helped all the bridesmaids and groomsmen to get to know each other, as well as the families. It brought a nice focus on the family to the whole wedding experience. It also just let the bridal party get to know each other - for example we had Audrey as a bridesmaid who knew none of Erica's friends or Andrew, so we all got to get to know each other so on the wedding day we could have fun together.
Back at the hotel that night, before the big day - there were tears shed as we realized this was the last night we would have just Erica. We were all excited to gain Andrew in our family, but it was still a strange experience. It felt weird to be sleeping in the same bed as my sister for the last time. But she had no worries. [I'm pretty sure she just woke up and was just like, I'm getting married today, no big deal.]
The actual wedding day was simply gorgeous. Beautiful weather and nothing went wrong. Almost all of her bridesmaids were there the morning of the wedding to get her ready. We all were able to share the moment when Andrew saw Erica in her wedding dress. She looked absolutely gorgeous. We took pictures at the temple, and then had the sealing. I was a little stressed out - no, wrong word. I was really stressed out. Because I'm just like that, and I was the maid of honor, and my mother told me that she was not going to stress because she was the mother of the bride - so stressing was my job description for the day. But it was such a blessing to sit in the temple with family and to be able to be there for the sealing was so important to me. I lost it simply in the temple when I saw our whole family there.
After all the pictures at the temple, it was time for a luncheon at the reception hall. And after a change of shoes, removal of contacts, and a ten minute power nap - the party could begin. It was a great night of old friends, family, and fun. So many people were there to celebrate with Erica and Andrew. I was grateful for such support for them as they began their new life.
As Andrew and Erica left in their beautifully decorate car [thanks to the bridal party] - it really didn't hit me that she was my married sister. I still don't think it hit until I saw her this weekend. I miss my little sister, but I love having a married sister and a new brother. It was a special experience to go through the wedding planning and process with my best friend and sister.
[I think the main reason why I kept avoiding this post was because I knew I would cry again. Darn being a woman!]
Anywho ... here are only a few of the over 1500 pictures taken of the beautiful day:

These were the colors Erica worked so hard to imagine and they were the perfect colors for their wedding day.

The simply ravishing couple.

Our new family.

The groomsmen.

The classic shot.

And to prove that girls can do anything guys can do [while wearing heels nevertheless].

The lovely bridesmaids.

The bridal party.

Three generations.

First Dance.

The lovely couple leaving for their honeymoon in San Diego.

Congratulations to the happy couple.

And this is just one of the many pictures we have of friends who were there. I would like to thank all those who were there - family, and friends who made Erica's day so special. Thanks.
[Whoo .... marathon post.]
No comments:
Post a Comment